Floor cleaning mops are the easiest and effective way of cleaning your floors. Even after cleaning the floors on a daily basis the leftover dirt and germs are still there. So, it is also very necessary for you to keep your mop clean as the dirty mop will not clean your floor properly and it will simply move the dirt around the house. Don’t worry; if you learn how to clean the mop effectively you can easily remove the dirt and germs from the floors in no time.
Step 1: Fill the bucket with hot water and place the mop inside the bucket.
Step 2: Then, spin the mop thoroughly inside the bucket.
Step 3: Remove the mop and squeeze it till it is dry.
Step 4: Now, to disinfect the mop again fill the bucket with hot water.
Step 5: Add a suitable amount of bleach inside the bucket.
Step 6: After that, place the mop in the bucket and leave it there for about 30 minutes.
Step 7: After 30 minutes, repeat steps 4, 5 and 6.
Step 8: Now, throw away all the dirty water and rinse the mop with clean water.
Step 9: Finally, squeeze the mop and allow it to hang for drying.
• Never leave the mop soaking for a longer period as it can lead to the growth of mould and bacteria on the mop and also weaken the mop fibres.
• Make sure that the mop is completely dry before storing it in its place because if you keep a wet mop in a warm area it becomes mouldy.
• If you have purchased the new mop head, soak it in cool water before using it. Doing this removes the manufacturer coating which makes the mop head less absorbent.
• Make sure that the mop soaked in bleach is kept away from the children.
• Make use of different coloured mop heads for doing different tasks.
Just a small extra effort can help you maintaining cleanliness in your house. Cleaning your mop will not only help you get a germs-free floor but will give you germs-free mop too. In this guide, you have learned the procedure of cleaning the mop and why you should not only clean the floor with a mop but also clean the mop itself.
• Clean the mop head every time after using it.
• Rinse it until the water comes out clean.
• Place the mop in the bucket filled with hot water and bleach or vinegar.
• Allow it to soak for around 30 minutes.
• After 30 minutes, rinse the mop again and allow it to dry.
Add some white vinegar into the bucket filled with hot water. Soak the mop in the bucket for about 5 minutes. It will help in removing any grease or oils from the mop. At last, rinse the mop head with clean water.
The mop heads should be washed regularly as it keeps the mop head free from dirt and germs. Washing the mop heads in the machine prevents the mop threads from breaking down by chemicals. It also prevents the growth of mould on your mop.
1. You might have forgotten to rinse your mop head and then using the same dirty mop pad to clean the floor.
2. May be you are using a very wet mop to clean the floor.
Copyright @ Hokosoko.com, All Rights Reserved