In the last couple of years, online shopping has become quite popular globally as well as in India. Every year the online retailers are making lakhs/crores of rupees in the e-commerce sector. Right from the apparel and electronic gadgets to utensils & groceries, everything is available online and that too at a reasonable price. The best part is you don’t have to go to the store for shopping. Everything will be available at your doorsteps within the mentioned time limit. In online shopping, if customers want to buy any product they have the choice to browse almost every product and also read information related to the product before buying which is not there in the offline store.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE SHOPPING?
Online shopping has brought a huge change in the lives of people. Earlier people used to go outside for shopping and also wait in a queue for long hours just to make payment which was not only tiring but also a time-consuming task. But now things have changed most people are now giving preference to online shopping over offline. Here are some of the advantages of online shopping.
- SAVES TIME: Customers can purchase items just by sitting at their home or office. So, they don’t have to spend time in travelling or wait in long queues for billing.
- NO PRESSURE: Usually in offline stores, the storekeepers use their selling skills and pressurize the customers to buy some product. In online stores, there is no such pressure on the customers.
- COMPARISONS: Online stores offer a variety of options to the customers so they can easily compare the price, features and specifications of the products while offline stores provide limited shopping options.
- 24/7 AVAILABILITY: Time is not a concern in online shopping. Online stores provide you the opportunity to shop at any time of the day.
- DISCOUNT OFFERS & COUPONS: The online shopping stores allow you to avail huge discounts using coupon codes and offers.
- REVIEWS, EASY RETURN & CANCEL ORDERS:While shopping online you can even read the reviews of products before purchasing. Other than this you also get an easy return and cancellation policy on online shopping sites.
These advantages have made customers addicted to online shopping.
WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF ONLINE SHOPPING?
The fast growth of the e-commerce industry has not only changed the consumers’ way of buying products and services but also the way brands promote products and target their audiences. The growth in online shopping websites is much faster and soon it will cover all the rural areas. Not just large businessmen, small and medium businessmen are also ready to make money out of the online marketplace. Previously, online shopping was quite simple and has very few options. But in the last few years, various changes were made in online shopping websites to attract buyers.
Nowadays, online shopping websites have adopted various techniques such as easy payment options, user-friendly website, no limitation on quantity, variety of options and more. Because of this, it has become quite popular in India. Though India is a developing country it has shown unusual growth in the e-commerce sector in the last couple of years. One of the reasons for the growth of online shopping is the use of mobile phones. According to research, more than 70% of buyers use mobile phones for shopping online. So, we can say that the future of online shopping is connected to mobile to a great extent.