We all are aware that this year like all other festivals, children’s day will also be celebrated by staying at home. Children’s day is celebrated every year on the 14th of November to mark the birth anniversary of the country’s first PM, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. “Children are like buds in a garden and should be carefully and lovingly nurtured, as they are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow,” said Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. He was very fond of children and believed that they were the future of the country. This Children’s Day, let’s us try to give utmost love and affection to the children in different ways.
Here are Some Tips to Celebrate Children’s Day in 2020:
- Prepare Their Favourite Dishes: Cook the children’s favourite dishes to make them happy. You can even ask them to help in the cooking process like adding some flavour, decorating the dish etc. Once the cooking is finished, sit with them and organize a small party.
- Play Games: On this Children’s day plan some games for children like,
- Draw Something: Everyone will draw something one by one blindfolded and the others will guess.
- Category: Pick any category like animal, fruits & others; then start with a word belonging to that category and then each person will say until someone can’t.
- Dumb Charades: You have to act anything like some movie name, song or other and the other people will guess the name.
- Debate Session: You can organize a debate session for the children on various topics. The topics can be related to anything like some inspirational topics, science-related, future goals and others.
- Organize Theme Dress Code for The Day: All around the world, every kid loves wearing a theme dress. So, decide some theme for the day and ask the kids to follow that dress code. This will surely make them happy and their special day a memorable one.
- Drawing & Painting Competition: Organize a drawing & painting competition for the kids and ask them to create pictures or paintings of their choice. They will find this competition interesting and would love to participate.
There is no denying that Children’s day is one of the favourite days for the kids. And, its celebration should not be cut down even by staying at the home. Make sure that you fill this Children’s day with fun, joy and excitement. Just remember that making the day special doesn’t mean it needs to be expensive it just needs to be special for the children. So, this year instead of buying expensive gifts for the kids, spend some quality time with them and indulge in some fun activities with them.