Green tea is made from the Camellia sinensis plant. The dried leaves and leaf buds of Camellia sinensis are used to produce various types of teas. Green tea is prepared by steaming and pan-frying these leaves and then drying them. Other teas such as black tea and oolong tea involve processes in which the leaves are fermented (black tea) or partially fermented (oolong tea). People commonly drink green tea as a beverage.
1. Contains healthy bioactive compounds.
2. May improve brain function.
3. Increases fat burning.
4. Antioxidants may lower the risk of some cancers.
5. May protect the brain from aging.
6. May reduce bad breath.
7. May help prevent type 2 diabetes.
8. May help prevent cardiovascular disease.
9. May help you lose weight.
10. May help you live longer.